Sign up for our free wifi
It is important that you read the following information about our wifi service. Your use of our wifi service constitutes your agreement to our terms and conditions of use.
- The Green (“we or us”) are providing this wifi service.
- Please bear in mind that our wifi service is free. We do not guarantee the availability or speed of our wifi service nor are we responsible for slow response times, the non-availability of any web site nor any other issue that interferes with your use of our wifi service.
- We are not under any obligation to you to provide our wifi service nor are we liable to you (or any third party) in any way if our wifi service is not available for use.
- We may terminate provision of our wifi service without notice and at our discretion.
- Use of our wifi service is entirely at your own risk and we will not accept any liability for any loss of any kind.
- We cannot guarantee that our wifi facility will be compatible with any device or hardware.
- We are not responsible for your device’s or hardware’s inability to use or access our wifi service caused by the state of your device or hardware.
- You acknowledge that our wifi network is unsecured and information sent over the network may be visible to others.
- We cannot be held responsible for the privacy or security of your activities. It is strongly recommended that you use a personal firewall and take due care when transmitting confidential information such as credit card details over the Internet.
- It is your responsibility to provide antivirus and malware protection for your device or hardware. We will not accept any liability for damage to your device or hardware through you using inadequate security settings or your failure to protect your device by using appropriate software, nor are we responsible for any viruses or spyware which may be downloaded on to your device while using our wifi service.
- We assume no responsibility for the safety of your device or for laptop configurations, security, or data files resulting from connection to our wifi service.
- We cannot provide technical assistance to you in relation to using our wifi service.
- Printing is not available using our wifi service.
- We provide access to the World Wide Web for basic web browsing
- We are not responsible if any unsuitable sites being browsedhave not been blocked.
- We monitor use of our wifi service, including web sites visited. As providers of an Internet service we are responsible for responding to official requests for information from the police and for complying with legislation such as the Data Protection Act 1998.
- We are not responsible for the accuracy, validity or legality of any information made available through the Internet.
- We are not responsible in any way for goods, services, information or any other materials or content you obtain through the Internet while using our wifi service.
- By signing up to our wifi you have indicated that you are happy to receive emails from us about what is happening at The Green, we may send emails to you with that information but the frequency and content of those emails will be at our discretion and we accept no liability for the accuracy of the information we provide to you.
- Generally, we may use, and you consent to us using, the personal information you give to us when you sign on for our wifi service for the following purposes:
- To contact you for feedback to evaluate and/or develop our wifi service
- To provide you with information
- For statistical purposes to monitor the use of our wifi service
- To disclose to a regulator, court, law enforcement service, or other public body under any regulatory, government or legal requirement
What are your responsibilities as a user of our wifi service?
- You are fully responsible for all activities and communications that take place during your use of our wifi service.
- You shall use our wifi service in accordance with our Acceptable Use and Fair Use policies.
- You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to any computer, computer network, system or information or engage in any illegal or unlawful activities.
- You must not deliberately search for pornographic, obscene, violent or racist materials or use search terms considered to be obscene, racist or offensive. The wifi service is filtered but this is not always effective in blocking unsuitable material. You must take responsibility for your own use of the service and your own activities.
- You must not send e-mails or messages, post blogs, publish or download content or carry out any other activity through our wifi service in any way which is offensive, racist, discriminatory, obscene, promotes violence or public disorder, is intended to deceive, infringes copyright or other intellectual property rights, breaches confidential information, privacy or any other rights or is done with any criminal or terrorist intent.
- You must not use our wifi service to send spam emails or other unsolicited advertising or promotional materials.
- Many of the pages on the Internet are subject to copyright. Do not infringe any of the copyright regulations that apply to web pages.
- You will indemnify us and any organisation managing and/or supporting our wifi service against all losses, damage, expenses (including reasonable legal costs and expenses), liabilities or claims arising out of you breaking any of the terms and conditions of use of our wifi service.