They can only officiate (say the words) and do not take the role of the registrar (writing register & certificates).
To make it happen this is what the couple have to do is put the request in writing to the Ceremonies & Certificates booking team in Truro with the following information:
- Name of Couple getting married
- Date / time / Venue
- Name of the Person whom they would like to officiate
- Which Council / area they work for e.g Devon, Wiltshire council etc.
The registration service in Truro will then undertake the remainder of the requirement and contact the necessary people concerned. Even when a visiting Officiating Officer attends your wedding you will still get 2 local officers attending on the day if they are from “out of county” as they need to ensure the following:
- The visiting Officer is actually present and capable to officiate.
- The correct script is used
- Everything is undertaken in accordance with Cornwall Council’s requirements for undertaking a ceremony within the county.
I hope some of you find this useful![/text_output]