Are we there yet?
Perfectly located in the beautiful Lyhner Valley, near the village of Rilla Mill, The Green, House and Cottages, sits in rolling countryside looking out over some of Bodmin Moor’s most striking features – like the Cheesewrings, Sharp Tor and the engine houses at Minions – as well as Kitt Hill and Caradon Hill. Both coasts are within easy reach, from the crashing surf of the north coast to the clear waters and fishing villages of the south. We’re well located for exploring all of Cornwall with the A30 and A38 in easy reach– most places can be reached within an hour’s drive.
What our guests say about our location:
“High quality accommodation. Fantastic location.”
“The location and views from the cottage are excellent.”
“The location was perfect for our aim of rediscovering many of our old childhood beach holiday haunts on both the north and south coasts….plus lots of great countryside in between.”
“Location is perfect for peace and exploring.”
“Great central location for exploring Cornwall.”
“The location is perfect for days out.”
“Really beautiful location with great views of the moors.”
“The location was great to get around Cornwall”
REVIEWS Have a look at more of our reviews. Click here for more reviews
The M4 from London, M6 from the North West and M1/M42 from the North East all link up with the M5, which takes you to Exeter where you can then join the A30 into Cornwall.
- Leave the M5 at Exit 31, joining the A30 towards Okehampton/Bodmin
- Continue on the A30 for approx 40 miles
- Take the B3254/A388 exit towards Callington/ Liskeard/ Launceston/ Bude/ A390
- At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto the B3254
- Follow the B254 for approximately 7.4 miles until you reach Upton Cross. You’ll pass through South Petherwin and Darley
- At the crossroads in Upton Cross (with the school on your right), turn left – signposted for Rilla Mill
- After a mile, on your left, you’ll see a sign for The Green, House and Cottages and one saying ‘Netherton’. Turn left here. At the T junction at the top turn right, following signs for Netherton.
For those with SatNav, our postcode is PL14 5BD or navigational coordinates:
We can arranged collection from Liskeard station, which is on the First Great Western main
Remember to use the drop off area to unload your luggage but park in the ample car park at the entrance and stroll to your cottage.